For those of you SCA folk that might be attending Gulf Wars 25th, I am teaching once again in the woodworking tents. There are a bunch of classes being taught by a lot of different people about almost anything medieval. More details on Gulf Wars A&S Activities are available. The class schedule is being finalized as I type this and should be available soon on at least one of the above web sites.
Classes that I am either teaching or heavily involved with include:
- Bench Design – round table discussion on different designs
- Hand Planes – discussion and hands on use, bench top flattening
- Stone, Bone & Antler Carving – lecture and lots of teaching aids
- Molding Planes – discussion and hands on use
- Dovetail Joints – hands on dovetails
- Joinery – discussion on different joinery techniques
- Sharpening – woodworking tools
- Wood Identification – this should be pretty self explanatory
- 60 Tools in 90 minutes – what is in some of our tool chests
- Plane Making Demo – I will be available working on planes throughout the day, come ask questions and try them out
Lunch time is a bring your own or donate type of setup. Sit down and have a deep or light hearted conversation with the instructors in the woodworking tent at Artisans Row.
Oh and one last thing, Rhydderch will be doing another class on a Rose Window. For those of you who missed it last year it’s totally worth a walk by to see it! Stop by Artisans Row and see the window and take some fun classes.